How to Join the
Phi Gamma Virtual Chapter!
There are 2 ways to become a member of the Phi Gamma Chapter!
1) Licensed nursing professionals* may join STTI as new members (ie. as a Nurse Leader) and indicate 481 Phi Gamma Chapter (Virtual) as their ‘preferred’/initiating chapter on the application.
- Visit our How to Join STTI page to view criteria for joining STTI as a Nurse Leader.
- Click here to access the Nurse Leader Application.
- Nurse Leader Applications and curriculum vitae and/or resume may be submitted to our 'Nurse Leader Counselor' at email@example.com with “Nurse Leader Phi Gamma Membership Application” in the subject line of your email.
*Licensed nursing professionals [including students in nursing or non-nursing graduate programs] who are Registered Nurses, legally recognized to practice in their country and have a minimum of a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent in any [nursing or non-nursing] field, shall be eligible to be considered as a Nurse Leader at any point in the program.
2) Current STTI members, who were inducted into another STTI chapter, may obtain a dual-membership [or multiple-membership if currently affiliated with more than one chapter] by adding 481 Phi Gamma Chapter (Virtual) to their current membership. Current STTI members may also choose to transfer membership to 481 Phi Gamma Chapter (Virtual). Members often transfer memberships (ie. choose to join another chapter) if they have moved or re-located and would like to join a new local chapter. Phi Gamma Virtual is unique in that your member benefits can be accessed worldwide!
- If your STTI membership is ‘active,’ contact STTI Member Services (888.634.7575 [US/Canada toll-free] or +1.317.634.8171 [International]) to add 481 Phi Gamma Chapter (Virtual) to your current membership, or to transfer your membership to Phi Gamma Virtual.
- If your STTI/chapter membership has ‘expired,’ complete the section to add another chapter when renewing your membership indicating 481 Phi Gamma Chapter (Virtual) as your additional affiliation. Membership can be renewed [or transferred] online by logging into your STTI account, or by mail (initial STTI renewal forms are usually mailed about 2 months prior to expiration).
Network and learn more about nursing career directions worldwide
Learn about the status and developments within healthcare in other countries
Follow and/or participate in chapters discussions
Opportunity to share your own knowledge and talents, and learn about leadership opportunities
As a virtual chapter, maintaining Phi Gamma membership is easy if you happen to move to a new city, region, or country!
Connect with nursing professionals on an international scale through The Circle (The Circle is STTI’s professional networking platform. Within The Circle each chapter has their own website where chapter members can access chapter news, events, share resources, participate in discussions, contact other members and leaders, and more! In addition, while in The Circle members have the ability to manage their own profile and subscriptions!)
Stay up-to-date with members-only newsletters, including STTIconnect & our upcoming Phi Gamma newsletter (STTIconnect is a monthly e-newsletter featuring member benefits, chapter and regional news, and presidential message!)
Access to our extensive library, including The Journal of Nursing Scholarship
Did you know members of STTI also have access to and receive a discount on most resources at Nursing Knowledge International (NKI)?!
- NKI is a subsidiary of STTI that offers free and fee-based nursing-related content from leading organizations, publishers, and universities worldwide!
- Some of the products and services offered through NKI include: Evidence-Based journals/books, continuing education (CE), research papers, and teaching aids, as well as resources for your nursing career, STTI merchandise, and much much more! Learn more about the benefits of NKI by visiting www.nursingknowledge.org.
For questions about your current membership or more information about
joining the Phi Gamma Chapter...
please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(include "I want to Join" or "Membership Question" in the subject of your email),
or contact Members Services at 888.634.7575 (US/Canada toll-free), +1.317.634.8171 (International), or email email@example.com.